1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The future of Panoramas

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Electromen, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Giga Pan Imaging Systems

At this time it only works with small digital cameras. Imagine what it could do with a D3.

2. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Have you tried Photoshop CS3?

It's available and works with just about every camera.:wink:

3. I have Photoshop CS3. I've made panos in CS2 and CS3.

The link above shows a mechanical device to automatically orient the camera so that hundreds of photos can be stitched together. By stitching hundreds of photos it creates a "GigaPan" which is a huge pano. The software permits panning and zooming over the internet.

The device is experimental and still in Beta. The technology started at Carnegie University in Pittsburgh.

Here's one
    I made using a D200 and CS2 about a year ago. Use the controls on the left or click one of the snapshots under the pano. This is only six photos stitched and barely qualifies as a GigaPan.

4. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
  5. TZ250

TZ250

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Has anyone used Photosynth yet?

What do you think about it?

6. Personally I stopped reading when it mentioned everyone on the Internet could view it. I would rather be in control of who see's what when it comes to my images. Just me, I guess, but that's the way I feel about it.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Another thing about that site is there is little quality control in terms of what they allow to be posted. Most the images being shown would have ended up in my reject pile

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.