The Gate

a before and after....any feedback or advice always appreciated.

Best wishes

Ray

original

dsc9473web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

adjusted

dsc9473hdradjusted.jpg

thats really cool! I think the foreground (basically from the grass, forward) is a bit light, but I really like the colors.

Amended

Taking on board the comments....does this look better please?

I cropped and changed sky colour...added some clouds.

Best wishes

Ray

ps..I now prefer this take and think the sky was too brown and too much...thanks for the comments

thegatew.jpg

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
That looks a lot better. But there is still an awkward transition between the sunny field and the murky sky, which doesn't look natural. It just isn't convincing to the eye. In particular just to the right of middle the transition looks almost blurry. It might help to brighten the tree on the right, to lead the eye through?

OK

will see if I can adjust to do as you suggest.

Appreciate the feedback and comments as sometimes the person posting/processing misses the obvious......

Best wishes

Ray

I like it.. but maybe because I lived in the PNW so long that it is overcast alot and when the sun beams come through.. they can be just as Ray captured. them. +++ Ray..

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I've had another idea about why it doesn't look convincing to the eye.

Do clouds that shape ever look like that? Don't the bright bits of them always look white, unless there is a fog? So perhaps if you brightened the clouds but kept the sky dark?

Or find some nastier looking clouds that look as if they should look dark?

I like your second version better Ray. I was born and raised in Illinois and lived most of my life in Arizona. I can attest to the fact that skies like this exist throughout the midwest/western portion of the US, and are daily occurances in the Pacific Northwest where all of the inhabitents have grown web feet, or winter in Arizonia! ;-)

Latest threads

Top Bottom