1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Getty Villa

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by RockACello, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Made a quick trip out to Pacific Palisades with my mother to check out the Getty Villa as I had never seen it before and figured it would be a good photo opp. My mother went to attend a lecture, I listened, then escaped early to go nab some pics. :tongue: Hope you guys enjoy them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rest of the series can be found here: http://rockacello.smugmug.com/gallery/6026480_dPvCL#377150774_yeXjE

2. Overall, I like your series. Creative framing and very colorful. Thanks.

3. I've been to the museum, but never the villa... looks like a beautiful place to visit. How long does it take to tour the grounds? Can it be a quick 1-2 hour thing, or is it an all day visit like the Getty museum part?

4. Yeah I had never been to the villa until now. It was closed for the longest time for the remodel. It isn't very big, it could definitely be done in under 2hrs, the museum is only one building, the gardens and etc. surround it. Its very beautiful as it is a replica of the Villa of the Papyri in Herculaneum. Its definitely worth a visit.

5. Luv the colors:biggrin:

6. Beautiful!!! I see a road trip in the future!! Thanks for sharing :smile:

7. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

8. Thanks for the awesome compliments everybody!

I'm with you. The colors are my favorite part about this series.

9. Very good. Thanks. And very cool shots, BTW! :smile:

10. Great shots at the Villa! I'm ready to go back myself.

For anyone thinking of going, you need to reserve a time by going online to http://getty.edu/visit/ Otherwise it's free admission and you pay to park.

I did both the museum and the villa with some visiting cousins and it was a lot to take in. I like the villa best as it's smaller and I love antiquities like the ones there. Both are great museums well worth visiting when you're in LA.

Jane

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.