The Gibsons visit Montreal (Large)

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Frits, Jun 15, 2007.

1. This week Cafe member Rich Gibson and his wife Carolyn visited with us for a few days. We had a wonderful time and the weather could not have been better.
    The day of their arrival we enjoyed our surroundings and had a great dinner at an old French restaurant in a village near my place.

Yesterday we went and visit the area of the Olympic Park (1976 summer Olympics).

First we visited the Montreal botanical garden. Here is Rich an Carolyn at the Chinese Garden section:

original.

Rich shooting at one of the Bonsaï collections (there is an outstanding one in the Japanese Garden section):

View attachment 100819

One of the exotic flowers in the glass house section:

View attachment 100820

We then visited the "Biodome". This is located at the ex-bicycle track stadium, where there are a number of eco systems being simulated, complete with their flora and fauna.
    A couple of puffins:

View attachment 100821

Various species of penguins:

View attachment 100822

View attachment 100823

View attachment 100824

We then took a ride up the tower of the Olympic Stadium.
    Rich Gibson and yours truly (with some of the Montreal skyline in the - blown out - background):

View attachment 100825

After that we headed home. First some well deserved "liquid refreshments" :tongue:. Here Rich is talking up a storm and cracking jokes with my wife Anne:

View attachment 100826

Followed by a nice BBQ dinner on the deck behind our house (I succeeded in testing the flare capabilities of my lens - but the sun was where it was...):

View attachment 100827

Then Rich got busy trying to figure out a way to get back home to Virginia:

View attachment 100828

2. Very nice set, Frits.

Always love to see Cafe friends together.

3. Looks like fun!

4. Enjoyed seeing these, Frits. Looks like everyone had fun. :smile:

5. Great series of shots Frits, looks like you all had a grand time! :smile:

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice shots to highlight a very relaxing visit. Something tells me that Rich won't sit still for long back in VA.

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like you all had a great time.

Cheers,

8. What fun photos! Looks like you had a great time together! :smile:

Hey, Carolyn and Rich didn't miss much back home -- the weather has been lousy the past few days! They picked a good time to be away....

9. Heh Rich you are the real Irish Rover.......:biggrin:

How far is August now...suppose you could get a few more trips in beforehand.

10. Nice get-together. I'm not really surprised to see Rich on the pics. Where ever a get-together is taking place, Rich is there.

Well, ok, except this year's European get-together. :tongue::wink:

11. I don't think so....but we're arriving in Shannon the 18th and return the 29th.

Rich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.