1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

[the GLOW of ROSES]

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin_d50, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Added a short extension tube to the 50mm f/1.8D (12mm, or 20mm) to shoot these softer than what the Nikkor 50mm normally delivers.

All handheld at extremely low shutter speeds (check bott left of images for exif) which possibly added additional blur, which I enjoy in this series.

Your C&C welcomed. Questions too.

arose009.

arose007.

arose006.

arose004.

arose003.

arose005.

arose008.

arose010.

2. Mmmm....yummy! I love the softness and the glow -- really beautiful! I only recently started experimenting with extension tubes and am delighted with the results one can get with them. Your images are truly outstanding!

3. most kind of you there connie :) 

4. I really like the first one and the last two are good Kevin. You have steady hands !!
    I have a chance to borrow a SB-800, so am interested where you were bouncing your SB-600. Was it mainly ceiling or wall ?
    Keep them coming !

5. LOL charlie! not steady hands, flash freezes quite a bit of motion.
    Was bouncing from the ceiling here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.