The Gold Flowed

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D3X
Nikkor 14-24 lens

WOW, very nice indeed!!!
Care to share your settings?
Jason, it is an HDR utilizing 5 images at 1 f/stop intervals. One proper exposure, 2 over and 2 under. Aperture priority at f.11. It had been my practice to shoot HDR images at very slow shutter speeds utilizing shutter delay and manual settings. I have reversed my thinking in that regard and now try to shoot my five images as quickly as possible noting that the shorter elapsed time between the first and last photo greatly reduces "ghosting", which is caused by subject movement. Ghosting is especially noticeable in cloud movements and tree leaves etc.
I have also noticed that the latest version of Photomatix is a vast improvement over earlier releases.

Jason, it is an HDR utilizing 5 images at 1 f/stop intervals. One proper exposure, 2 over and 2 under. Aperture priority at f.11. It had been my practice to shoot HDR images at very slow shutter speeds utilizing shutter delay and manual settings. I have reversed my thinking in that regard and now try to shoot my five images as quickly as possible noting that the shorter elapsed time between the first and last photo greatly reduces "ghosting", which is caused by subject movement. Ghosting is especially noticeable in cloud movements and tree leaves etc.
I have also noticed that the latest version of Photomatix is a vast improvement over earlier releases.
Thanks for the reply Reggie!!

Thank you all for your comments.

Mike Mac, looking forward to seeing you this winter. Hope you can make it down.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom