1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The good news...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, May 17, 2007.

1. You can wash your CF cards...and still use them. I let my card dry out after a trip through the washing machine...and it works just like new. It's quite a relief.

2. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Some time back, I intentionally washed one of my cards thinking it would remove a pesky spot that continually showed up in the same place on all my images. Stupid me. I tried it again after I dried it and apparently some dryer lint made its way into the card. I then had two of these spots. The dirty card matter must have cross contaminated all my other cards because these spots kept showing up and ruining my shots.

I finally called Nikon service and they said send the camera in. I asked Nikon how I should pack my four CF cards and they said they didn't need them which didn't make much sense to me. After weeks of frustration I finally sent the camera in just knowing there was no way this problem this could be remedied without also sending in the dirty CF cards.

Well, two weeks and $150 later I received my camera back from Nikon service. I first looked at the repair bill and really couldn't find anything about how my dust problem would be remedied, just a bunch of senseless repair codes. They did upgrade the firmware which I suspect may have some kind of antistatic dust ionizer utility that cleans the cards when inserted.

Science has always been a weak point of mine and I'm always amazed of new innovations and inventions, but I would really like to know how this works.

Anybody?

Mark, I'm glad there was no damage to your card and hopefully your images will be cleaner.

:Wink: :Wink: :Wink: :Wink: :Wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

3. As long as you get your card out of the camera yes!!:rolleyes: 

4. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

I always wash them because I don't trust the format option on my camera!

But I now. Last year during a scuba dive one of my camera's flooded. SD card was still ok!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.