The grass is greener...

I must admit I have not spent any time lurking on Canon discussion boards, so I do not know much about user acceptance for the new canon mk11's. Many superb photographers at NatureScapes.net shoot with the 1D11 with fantastic results, so I was quite surprised to read this thread:

http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31620

You may need to register with NatureScapes to read this - well worth your while as NatureScapes is a great place with the same forum software as this site.

Anyway, the gist of the discussion is that many (but not all, of course) canon photographers are disappointed with the new canon's ability to pull detail out of the whites, and one well known photographer ever suggested there might be a new migration back to nikon if the D2X pans out - citing the smooth tonal transitions, detail in the whites and better initial focus aquisition.

Rory....

Very, very interesting thread you referenced. Sounds like many of the discussions that I've read on the D2H and D2X except that for the most part, at least on the Naturescapes forum (I'm a member there BTW), there is less troll-like invective.

Bottom line seems to me to be that engineering compromises are made on every camera, including the high-end Nikon's and Canons, and some photog's are going to be disappointed in the direction taken by the manufacturers (while some will be very satisfied).

Thanks for the informative link.

Frank

Latest threads

Top Bottom