The graveyard

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 6, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

I haven't played around much with the flash on the camera and didn't think about it until I got home but would some flash fill aided this shot? What do you think?
    This is up on Portlands west hills just a few days ago.

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That graveyard makes me think of Rays image :>))

Nicely done.

3. Too big an area for flash fill. You have captured this nicely and it is a moody shot.

4. I agree with Gordon! You've captured quite a mood with this shot!

5. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi

EErie and a great capture.

Love the feel to the picture.

I think that would actually be good framed - if you dare hang it on the wall:smile:

Very best wishes

Ray

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Pete :

Really quite nice in the mood here. I don't think fill flash would have added substantially to the photo. Have you tried this with a low sepia or duotone translation from colour ? Might prove interesting with the mood you've captured.

John P.

7. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I wouldn't change a thing, a great shot Pete!

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks everyone and John I like your sepia idea.I had completely forgot about that.Ray I better go see if I can find the image Gale is talking about.

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Pete :

I played with a couple of tests on your shot. If you want, I could upload them for you...

John P.

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Upload away John...sure no prob!

11. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    graveyard mist

The mist helps this image. I would be tempted to add a tad more contrast to highlight a little more of the subtle shade transitions.
    Regards,
    Robert

12. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Pete :

This were quick'n'dirty conversions of your JPEG, and hence, not as good as what you could do with the RAW/TIFF image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I have the FM B&W plug-in for PS, these were actually run off quickly with a neat utility that I have called "BWorks", available at BWorks. Works well for quick tests of conversions to B&W or other variants. The last one's called Sepia Burn, which gets the rather dramatic result you can see.

John P.

13. Hi Pete

I have been trying since yesterday to come up with a simple answer to your question and I finally have it. To heck with flash! It's fine the way it is. I really like the mood that you have captured, the composition is good to my eye, the conversion to B&W and the mist sets it off. John P.s sepia version comes in a close second, IMO.

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice moody picture ! Love the lighting and compostion.

Regards

RFC

15. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

John,what can I say? All those you,ve created are very nice! I cant pick a favorite actually.I DO love that last one probably the most but each has thier place and thanks for the info on Bworks I appreicate it. So many digital tools so little time.

16. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks for your comments Robert and Im still working with elements trying to squeeeze every nickel out of it before I make the switch to CS2.You guys are wearing me down slowly....LOL

17. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks for your comments RB !