The Great Poppy Escape:

1. " Grunt...groan....just a little bit more..."
The Great Poppy Escape 5027.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

" Oh wow...is it ever nice and bright out here. Come on you pollinators, I'm open for business"
The Great Poppy Escape 5041.jpg

" you know guys, it's not so bad out here. Come on out, I've met some friendly bees....and... I thought I heard a humming bird buzz buy."
The Great Poppy Escape 5037.jpg

Excellent...love that 1st image and the fine detail.
Thanks a lot. Glad you like it.
Very colorful! Why are there water droplets in the first photo only on part of the subject?
thanks Mike. Morning dew on the outside casing captured by the fine hairs . Flower emerging was dry inside. Nothing added or subtracted from the image.

Very well done, Bob. I don't think I've ever seen a poppy pop.

You cropped the first one a bit, didn't you? I don't mean that critically, I just don't think the 85/1.8S will focus that close.

Very well done, Bob. I don't think I've ever seen a poppy pop.

You cropped the first one a bit, didn't you? I don't mean that critically, I just don't think the 85/1.8S will focus that close.
Thanks Jim.. I was hoping to catch one pop ( missed a couple already ) and was pleased when I went out with the dog this morning to see the first image. You are absolutely correct, I cropped the first image, confident that the Z7 II and 85 S would give me enough resolution for a decent image.
How long is the time from when the poppy begins to pop to when it has fully popped?
After I took the emerging image I went back into the house and within 15-20 minutes I noticed that the poppy was in full bloom

Latest threads

Top Bottom