1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Grieving Angel

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by nickatnite, Jul 31, 2009.

1. This is one of the crown jewels of the New Orleans cemeteries...

Where is it located gives off this aura. The blue stained glass in the back and the 2 on each side (not seen here) reflect in many different ways off of the marble.

Shot with my Nikon D-40.

596868621_B8yZj-L-3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Great statue, and a very nice shot. I don't know if it is possible with all the lines in the photo, but the stained glass not being vertical is throwing off the photo a bit for me.

3. Nice but I would do a Perspective Crop and pull the top righthand corner of the frame Up to make the stone ledge parallel to the top of the frame.

4. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    nice shot

I am headed down there in Nov
    which cemetary ?

5. Thanks guys...

It's located in Metarie Cemetary.

I did forget to mention that this pics was shot from an angle (due to the iron bars on the crypt).

6. This is a lovely monument- I like your processing it has a very different feel to it than mine did. I was there a couple months ago- I have a couple shots of her HERE.

7. decent shot...I think it would be improved by squaring up the lines in the photo...its very distracting

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.