The Grinch...

Discussion in 'People' started by Backdoctor, Dec 25, 2005.

1. We had my good friend Steve S over for Christmas today. He tried to play the Grinch role early on, but I brought a smile to his face with a pound of Jamaica's finest coffee.

original.

yes that is a D200 and 18-200vr on his neck. I took this with the old D100, 24-85 and sb800.

He was so kind as to give me a digital photo frame. It will take me a while to learn how to use it, but perhaps with his help I can load up some photos and play them in a slideshow at my office.

It was great having Steve join us for the holiday. Merry Christmas to all!

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey tit for tat Harris, now it's YOUR turn!

This is Harris playing Santie for the family. I think I caught his best side here. Shot w/D20018-200VR @ISO1600!
    original.

Another of Harris expressing his sheer joy over getting a 70-200VR from Mary.
    original.

As long as I'm at it, here's one of Mary
    original.

Their eldest daughter Missie
    original.

Her hubbie Nate
    original.

and one of their baby daughter, who was just surprised with an engagement ring!
    original.

Thanks for having me over buddy, I really had a nice time. You got a great family! Can't wait to try that Blue Mountain in the morning!
    :biggrin:

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Harris, Somehow I just knew that was going to be a shot of Steve. All of the above are great. Looks like ya'll had a great time.

4. Very nice post AGAIN. Having Steve over was an awesome thing! You look very HAPPY with your lens closely cuddled! Hey Steve, pour me a cup please.
    Dave

5. Mary has been helping him shop and set up his house. For Christmas, she found some nice towels for his bathroom:

original.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Man, who IS that handsome fella there!?

I bet he gets all the women! :tongue: Thanks Harris,you managed to get a picture of me I actually like! :redface:

7. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful family photos, Harris and Steve.

So Steve has his new toys permanently attached to his neck?

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A great series of images of family and friends enjoying the magic of Christmas! Only one thing seems strange...Steve's wearing shorts! He's wearing a new D200, a new 18-200mm VR, grasping a huge bag of his favorite coffee beans in front of a beautifully decorated tree...and wearing shorts. What a cruel, cruel capture for those of us in the midwest.

9. Great shots, Harris! Mary looks pretty as ever!! Glad you got your new lens!! I've just started using mine and it is everything I've read it to be! You're gonna love it!! Glad Steve was able to spend some time with your family!!

10. keen eye Frank (eng4ine)

11. Doesn't everyone where shorts for Christmas? :Confused:

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    We actually could have worn shorts yesterday, the temps were in the upper 30s and we had the oven on most of the afternoon! But I resisted temptation and gave in to wearing some comfy lounging pants that my daughter bought me for Christmas.

13. Hey! It HAS been cold here. The other day, was 50 in the morning, and I had to drive to work with the top up! Freezing!:cool: