The guessing game

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Phillip Ino, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ok, so I ordered my D700 yesterday, August 2nd. Unfortunately, it is currently on backorder, so I thought I'd turn the anxiety of waiting into a little game that will hopefully be fun. Let's see who can guess the exact date that it will ship out. Each member is allowed only one guess. I will combine the number of guesses for a particular day that might get chosen multiple times and tally them up on the day my camera ships. If the individual or total guess(es) happen(s) to be the one or the largest sum for the ship date, then I will donate $25 to the Cafe. I understand that given the amount of people that post here, that it is almost guaranteed that a Cafe donation will occur...let's try and pretend that it isn't a sure shot:wink:. And finally, I will not provide any information as to which Nikon Authorized Dealer I ordered my camera from, so as not to give anyone any clues. Let the games begin! :biggrin:

P.S. Please try and state the date clearly at the very top of your reply(in bold, if you know how).

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    August 8th

Backorder? hmm..
    How about August 8th.

3. August 10th

My deliberations...

Backorder, august 2nd, order placed... unknown vendor, likely not Adorama :biggrin: ....

:Smart:

:actions1: :

August 10th

4. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    August 12

August 12 :smile:

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Hmmm, me? Not order from Adorama? :tongue:

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Backorder? Local stores here can't sell them - they are sitting on the shelves . . .

7. adol290

adol290

Apr 15, 2007
    Manitoba, Canada
    Lucky number 13

August 13th

8. August 11th

August 11th
    Surely by then???:eek:

9. remo

remo

May 12, 2008
    NJ
    Why wait? Bestbuy has them and with 10% off coupon camera is cheaper than anywhere online:smile:

10. 10% is significant at this price point! In my experience, Best Buy coupons never applied to anything I would buy, so if this is the case, y'all go for it!

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    It's not the same where I live....we must have a lot more photographers.

12. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I'm not the type of consumer who breaks a commitment with a vendor and a trusted salesman. The waiting is probably good for me :tongue:. Thanks for the info, though.

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    My feelings are mutual :eek::wink:

14. August 15.

15. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Please look at post #13. Customer loyalty, baby! We often hear about vendors doing people wrong....well, I don't want any bad karma :tongue:

16. remo

remo

May 12, 2008
    NJ
    $300 for being loyal? :rolleyes:

17. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    In all honesty, I would rather unload 3K at a retailer who specializes only in the type of product I am purchasing. Call me crazy, but it is what it is :smile:

18. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Holy cow, it shipped out today!!:eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Looks like the Cafe will be receiving a donation :Love: