The Hand of Trust

Discussion in 'People' started by beaucamera, Aug 25, 2005.

1. I don't usually do portraits, but I had such a wonderful subject. I took these a couple of days ago with the 70-200 VR and 17EII TC and put them together in this smart object composition. Do you think this would make a good entry for Challenge #11? Any changes you might suggest?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. He's not quite a year old yet, but he is a real cutie!

ihandoftrust.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely...I just love kids at that age...there's no fear at all! What a sweet face. Thanks for sharing!

3. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I like the way you have assembled those - it draws my attention to something thats not in the picture - what was it ?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Collage

Well done.

I would take a look at making the large foward pic a bit smaller though. Seem a bit out of balance. The hand of Trust, if that is the subject is to subdued.

5. Thank you, Leigh, Simon and Gale for your comments. Simon, I think this little boy was pointing at his older brother. I guess that adds some mystery and intrigue to the image. Gale, I'll try and give this another go with your suggestions.

Muchos Gracias!
    Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. I think it would make a very nice entry for the contest Virginia. Good job.

7. Another Version

Gale, I gave this another go round. Got any thoughts about this one?

Virginia
    aka beaucamer

Here's version 2:

[​IMG]

8. I like the second version a lot! Definitely a keeper and a great entry for the contest. The first one seemed a little odd with the hand sort of coming out from the head of the closest photo. This second go-round is wonderful!

9. Hi Virginia, here's my 2c, for what it's worth (nothing)!

I like the composition better in the first one, though I do agree with Gale about reducing the size of the larger image. What if you were to try to make triangular pattern with the heads of the image. Using the 1st collage, reduce the larger image like you did in your second comp and maybe use it to cover the adult fingers of the standing boy, move the standing boy image more to the center and shift the right one just a bit. I may not be explaining it well but I'm trying to say create a triangle shape with their heads but spread the individuals out a bit more.

Really love the background effect! And this is a fantastic entry into the challenge. At this point you'd win cuz nobody's entered. :frown: :wink:

10. Version 3

Kevin, you've inspired me so here is version 3. :biggrin: You can see them altogether here:
    http://www.beaucamera.con/featured7.htm
    Do you like this one better? Anybody else have any thoughts about these? Comments appreciated, thanks!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

ibenversion%203.