The happy Anhinga

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Jul 28, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll,

I don't know f birds can be "happy" but if they can the anhinga is one happy camper.

These were taken with my D100 and 500mm/f4 lens. My D2h was spending some time in Nikonland to have a metering problem fixed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow, Harry! Look at that lens!! Very nice shots but I gotta get outta here. ;)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harry,

(Hide Gordon is crying for his lens :>))

Great shots pal.

4. All nice Harry but I really like the last one.

5. Awesome Harry, glad to see you posting was wondering how you have been guess you are busy over at Dgrin, tell Linda I said hi

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great series of captures, Harry.

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thank you Kevin

8. Very nice Harry. The first shot it looks like that bird has twisted his neck into a knot!! :D :D :D

9. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Harry -

First shots with that 500/4 that I've seen. You obviously are putting that monster to good use. These shots - especially the close-ups - are super. I do miss my bazooka occasionly, but I do like the versatility of my 200-400. Now if I can just hit the lottery before the 500/4 VR come out......

Gordon

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gale. It is one sweet piece of glass.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Harry. I'll bet that it has been hard going back to a 3 shot buffer though. 8)

When is your H due back?

12. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thnaks Gordon. That last one is my own favorite.

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Mike, great hearing from ya. Things have been busy down here. Linda's 90 year old father had a slight heart attack and then they had to start him on dialysis so that has kept us hoping. Now I have some minor surgery coming up in Tuesday which should keep me off my feet for two weeks or so.

14. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    harry,

i think he's happy because you can finally get a close up of him :)
    Wonderful series! Ya just keep getting better and better!!!!

15. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    hi harry

very nice shots Harry looks like you walked up to him,the 100 ain't so bad but i did play with the d2hs today and boy my poor old d70 ---muskat in the wotld with manchine guns :cry: well i am going to try and post a pic .talk to you after i get back ,did you see the news about the boy scouts and the lighting today 1 died -that is very close to our summer camp :?:

16. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    hi harry

very nice shots Harry looks like you walked up to him,the 100 ain't so bad but i did play with the d2hs today and boy my poor old d70 ---muskat in the wotld with manchine guns :cry: well i am going to try and post a pic .talk to you after i get back ,did you see the news about the boy scouts and the lighting today 1 died -that is very close to our summer camp :?: