The hawk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Trish5, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    This is probably my best shot of the day at Viera. I happened to snap as he bolted of his perch..pure luck and and not planned :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

I have just got to get more reach. Frank..thanks again for letting me use the tripod and head...i will practice those flight shots and see if I can get some skill...then I'll figure out how to get a longer lens!

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Trish. just think afew days ago you were moaning about how you couldn't get flight shots.

3. Hey Trish, Great shot!! I love his position. It sure was great seeing you again, even if only for a couple of hours. Got some interesting shots that evening. I just love Viera. If you're thinking of longer glass, I can recommend the 300/f4 w/ or w/o a tc. It works great there. Longer is better, I'm sure Harry will attest, but reasonable $ usually enters the equation. ;)

Glad to have seen you again and hope to get together soon, now that it's getting cooler. Keep shooting and keep posting. I always enjoy your shots!!

4. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    thanks Harry. :smile: yea the more I whine the better I get!

5. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Kevin, Thanks..Sorry you couldn't make it back on sunday. It was not as busy as Saturday evening though. Good to see you too and if the weather continues to cool I will definately be shooting more.

I have to look into the 300/f4.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very nice Trish, very nice. For your 1st it's a keeper!!
    You can practice tracking flight shots anytime you don't need long lens for that. I started by practicing with P&S in my backyard :eek:

Main thing looks like you had a good time this weekend.

7. Good job Trish, you have caught this one just right.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Trish that is a beauty.

Good going for sure..

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks Ben. I practice and practice and now will practice some more!

10. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    All I did was depress the shutter...mother nature provided the scene.

Thank you Gordon.

11. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks Gale :smile:

12. A real beauty, Trish. I have tried to get a similar shot last time I was at Viera. The end result was a flying hawk but ... from behind. So :Depressed

13. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Well c'mon back and get it! Thanks.

14. awesome capture Trish, I cut off part of the upper wing. Will post mine in a day or so, so folks can appreciate how great a shot yours is by looking at my clunker :frown:

Really, you nailed it. Just awesome.

15. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks Harris. I was at an advantage though. I was in my car using my window for stability...you were hand holding at a very difficult angle. If didn't get this half way decent shot under my conditions...I would pack it up and find a new hobby.