1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The hills near San Jose, CA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by J.Alan, Oct 5, 2008.

1. I just completed a business trip to the San Jose, CA area. I have enjoyed my previous trips to California, and this time was no exception. I made a couple of after work excursions to as unpopulated areas as I could find, mostly to see what is there. On this particular trip, I decided to drive to the Lick Observatory, perched high above the valley on Mount Hamilton. While the observatory was closed to visitors, the drive there presented pleasant views.

Here are a few I wanted to share:

Starting up the harrowing 20 mile drive:
    [​IMG]

Looking northeast:
    [​IMG]

A peaceful pasture along the way:
    [​IMG]

My favorite-- A lone tree in the golden, setting sun:
    [​IMG]

A few deer appeared after dark:
    [​IMG]

Finally, the view I was hoping to see:
    [​IMG]

I really had a good time on this short trip, and hope that you enjoyed these few snaps I wanted to share.

2. Some very nice captures you have here. I really love the colors and light on your third image.

3. Nice photos Joe...especially the last shot:smile:

4. Thanks, Jim.

The colors were quite amazing, almost as if painted.

5. Sal, thanks for commmenting.

I like the last one as well. It was a wonderful view from up there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.