The HOLE !

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Shot this architectural detail with Fuji S2 Pro and Tamron 28-75 @ 28 mm. - 1:125 @ f/5.6 - ISO 100

44548451.DSCF9267_w.

...and the answer is:

[​IMG]

...any comment, critics ?

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

2. Jp The first one is a very neat imagine.. It's so difficult to shoot architecture and make it look interesting. You do it well.

3. In looking at your photo no 2, i just realise that the cut in the board is the shape of a tree, as for photo no 1, the tree near the hole is a little too dark to really stand out through the hole.

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    The first is formidable Jean Pierre

5. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    You have a good eye Jean-Pierre. Well done!

Jack

6. Jean-Pierre:

Very good images. The second made me laugh.

Thanks,
    Gil

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Cool, it reminds me of a 5 1/4 floppy disk back in the day. I'm learning about architectural photography so I don't think I can offer anything helpful. All I can say is I really like the second one.

Thanks,

8. Hi all ! Funny as some people commented about the second shot, wich in fact i uploaded only to show the "other side" of the first one :wink: !

Now, i didn't try to make any "architectural" shot... But the pic is better in a bigger scale:

original.

This shows very much, IMHO, how much dynamic range can be obtain, when carefuly using a Fuji S2 Pro !

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

9. Interesting shot, Jean-Pierre. It makes you wonder what the architect was thinking when they added this architectural element to the design.

I am fascinated by work like this including your creative eye. It reminds me of a shot I took a while back where I captured the view through a gong. In this case, as you can see, I removed the back ground to concentrate on the art object and the view through it.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    HI JPS.

You have a great eye for photography. Very nicely done !

Regards

RFC