The Illusive Nikon 1 V3

Back in May, there was a flurry of postings about the Nikon 1 V3, and a few of you actually got one in hand. It drew my attention, and appeared to be a good solution for my need to have a DSLR on a road bike, and being able to use my existing lenses when not on the bike. B&H had a nice package deal, including the Nikon lens adapter, and steep discounts on the other Nikon 1 lenses. So I placed a pre-order on May 23rd. Other than a few units that have trickled through Amazon (without adapters bundled), there have been NO units available. Since we’re coming up on a holiday in the US, there’s no way I would receive a unit even if shipped today, so we are looking at more than 6 weeks delay.

I see that a change was made a few days ago to the NikonUSA site – it now displays a [Where to Buy] button on the V3 page. Clicking it presents a list of retailers….all of whom are out-of-stock.

Is this typical of Nikon? It seems counterintuitive to the basic idea that SALES are what keeps a manufacturer in business.

Annoyingly, because I used a third-party payment, they have already charged me for the order. Fortunately, it was through Bill Me Later (now PayPal Credit) and no payments are due until Dec 16th. Geez…hope I have the camera by then!

Not many people have the Nikon 1 V3 and I am the first to post on Nikon Café with the Nikon 1 V 3 and the Nikon 1 70-300mm lens. I hope someone asks me how I am able to get them before others. This will be my story:

When I was in Sicily on a photo outing I shot some subjects for Don Nikonleone and he is now my patron. He makes sure I get the cameras and lens I want before others.

Jerry

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom