The infamous IR filter chart....

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Joseph S. Wisniewski, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Joseph S. Wisniewski

Joseph S. Wisniewski

Aug 11, 2005
    I've seen several posts ask about "frequencies" or "nm values" for IR filters.

I made this chart up last year. It shows every commercially available IR filter, all the Wratten gels (also used in H&H filters), the commonly available Hoya R-72 and RM-90, the B+W 092 (listed by it's Schott glass number: RG685) and 093 (listed as RG830). Also listed are the rare Hoya RM-100 and B+W 094 (listed as RG1000).

An omission on my part is the Heliopan RG715. There isn't published spectral data for the Cokin 007, and :mad: Tiffen :mad: 87.

There's a little warning, down in the corner, that tells me "You may not post attachments" :frown: , so I'll post a link.

http://www.pbase.com/the_wiz/image/24733208

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey Joe! Welcome back to the Cafe! Thanks for the spectral data. I'm sure this will help some of the ir mavens that are sprouting up here. You do great work. I check your lens table often.

By saying "You may NOT post attachments", it means that you can't attach images directly to your post. None of us can - there isn't enough space on the server to hold the kind of imaging that goes on here.

But! You can post an image that is stored, for example, on your pbase server. It you go to this message (by the ubiquitous Uncle Frank) it'll tell you how to display the best picture from pBase.

Oh, and from my 1978 Tiffen Photar Filter Glass Catalog, here is the Tiffen 87 spectrum:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Joseph S. Wisniewski

Joseph S. Wisniewski

Aug 11, 2005
    Thanks. I'll add that info to a new version of the chart.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
  5. From what I understand, the Kodak Wratten filters are the only standard numbered series, and other manufacturers follow it more or less, but not necessarily. That's why certain filters are generally compared to the Wratten line for reference.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;