The Jubilee Festival

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Leigh, May 31, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Every Memorial Day, Decatur, Alabama hosts the Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Festival. We took the kids out this year and had a really good time. We were out in a big field right as they were filling the balloons and lifting off. What a sight...There were probably between 30 and 40 balloons. At night they have "Ballomination"...This is where they tether the balloons and they glow for an hour or so until the festival ends. The kids were really too tired by that time so I didn't get any good pictures of it at that point...but please enjoy these that I did get during the afternoon!

Ryan watching the balloons inflate
    [​IMG]

Lift-Off
    [​IMG]

Inflation
    [​IMG]

Solo Flight
    [​IMG]

Me and My Shadow
    [​IMG]

Up, Up and Away
    [​IMG]

All Smiles
    [​IMG]

Patchwork Colors 1
    [​IMG]

Patchwork Colors 2
    [​IMG]

Blue Sky Balloon
    [​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for looking, Roman.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Leigh, Great series of images. Two thoughts come to mind...#1 wonderful colors....#2 it was nice to see families in your images doing family things together. I enjoyed your images......

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank, I'm glad you enjoyed them. We really had a wonderful time. Temperature stayed right at 80 degrees and humidity was very low!!! It was just a nice time to be together and enjoy something we hadn't done before. Thanks!

5. Leigh,

Very nice series but the "Blue Sky Balloon" is super.

Thanks for sharing.

6. Beautiful shots Leigh!! You are dangerously talented with your camera!! :D :D :D :D

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Harrie, that was my favorite as well!

Bryan, if you think that, you should see what my 8 year old sister did w/ Patrick's D2X at the Jubliee...man, she outdid the both of us! :D

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    very nice shots. Well, let's see your sisiters.

9. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very nice series, Leigh! I've always wanted to attend a balloon launching session, but haven't had one nearby. Have to enjoy them from others' photos. Thanks for sharing!

10. Very nice Leigh, I liked "up,up and away" and "blue sky balloon" the most. :D

-Vinod

11. Hi Leigh, have to say, VERY refreshing pics. Incredible colors, overall great series...........luv the last shot, great creativity!!

Keith

12. I like Up Up and Away the best. Poster material!

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my perspective. It was fun seeing this for the first time....like being a kid again!

14. Very nice............ I like "up, up and away"

15. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    [​IMG]

I always wanted to shoot Balloon festival. This one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. :D :D :D

16. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm glad you liked it...We had such a great time...If you ever get the chance to go to one of the types of festivals...by all means, GO!

17. Awesome pics!

Really like the one with all the ballons. The closeup abstracts are nice also.

Always wanted to go to one of these type of festivals.

18. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again everyone for your kindness. This is a perfect example of why everyone loves the NikonCafe! My shots aren't professional and I know it, but they are decent and you all treated me and my pictures w/respect. I applaud you all for that. Keep up the kindness. I just love posting around here because I know I can learn from all of you. Always a kind word! Thanks so much.

19. Awesome, shots, I like the last one the best for some reason neat persective. I have attneded several of these and even took a flight once... must have been the champagne