1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Jumpers

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Hockey_Nut, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I spent the weekend at an equestrian event and came away with some nice shots. My first time doing this kind of sport & there were a number of challenges, mostly trying to get the ideal shot - horse's front legs are high & tucked in tight. Other problems were trying to get a clean shot as the other jumps often got in the way & cluttered the shots. Anyway, here are a couple of my early favourites. Shot most of the time on my knees shooting up at the jumpers to emphasize the height and I think it paid off in many of the photos, especially for the younger kids whose horses don't have to jump as high.

photo6.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

photo4.jpg

and the one I'm most proud of.

jumpex.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Brent

2. That's good stuff, I like the low angle of view in No. 1 and the eyes in No. 3

3. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Very nice shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.