1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The King has left the Bldg.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sjlarue, Aug 21, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Went driving into work today and spotted this Royal Bird looking for food in a stream down below.:biggrin: A little noisy, but I am going to work on that when I have time. Sun was very bright. I'm looking for ways to improve sharpness. These were about 25 yards away, handheld in my car so I can't complain too much.:biggrin:

CC welcome.
    _DSC2945_2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC2940_2.jpg

_DSC2956_2.jpg

_DSC2959_2.jpg

And Finally
    _DSC2962_2.jpg

As soon as I put my camera down, it took off and dove for some minnows then flew off down stream. Glad I witnessed it :biggrin:.

2. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Hey Steve,, great capturesof a tuff one to get,,,, I had one in my sights the other day and when I tired to maneuver for the clear shot he flew ,, 6 foot away form me but limbs and leaves between us,,,, next time,,,,good light and their antiucs is what keeps us goin' back ,, hhahaha

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Russ, yeah the last one that I saw wouldn't sit still for a minute:biggrin:. I'm just glad that I came across it.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.