The kit in stock at B&H

T

triples2008

Thanks for the tip....

Well, I wonder why the kit costs a little more than seperatly?

However, as I have something going in next week and needed this, I took advantage of the stock and ordered- will be here on Fri I guess.

Cheers;

John

Well, I wonder why the kit costs a little more than seperatly?

However, as I have something going in next week and needed this, I took advantage of the stock and ordered- will be here on Fri I guess.

Cheers;

John

Glad that I could help. Please do post the experience and the pictures. Best of luck!

T

triples2008

D3/d700

I did not think I would go for the D700 kit as I am not a fan of the 24-120 VR. I had one once and sold it-not a stellar performer on the APS cameras. But as I said above, I ordered it from B&H- I wonder how long they will stay in stock tonight??

However, I know that the D3/D700 with the FX sensor is 'kinder' to the lower quality lenses as the 24-120, so this might be a good thing as it would fit the needs of an everyday, walk-about lens. It will be interesting to see how it performs on the D700.

LOVE the D3- loved everything about it. But... the size and weight. When in public, you get a lot of stares carrying one of those- and it is heavy. I think the '700' will hit the sweet spot for Nikon. This is the camera I would have bought in the first place.

Merry-Go-Rounds. I am ready to get off the upgrade merry-go-round. It is WAY too expensive to stay on. Remember the computers in the 90's? Every year, something new, faster, better! Now, I have the same old PC, and it works just fine- not the latest, but gets the job done.

I view the 700 as my last stop for the time being. I have no lust what-so-ever for the 24mp Nikon coming- I had a FujiS5 for a while and the file sizes killed me!!- 12mp is plenty for me!

...but I got to admitt, this is all very exciting and a GREAT time to be in photography, even if it is just a 'hobby'.

Regards;

John

T

triples2008

wow- still in stock!

I have to admitt- very surprised. I would have expected them to be gone in 15 min.

Well, best of luck to all who want to order.

John

I expected that to happen. In fact, I was surprised that it did not occur a lot sooner than it did. The price must have been out of reach for many photographers -- not to mention the Next Day Air shipping charge since they want the camera ASAP. :smile:

I placed an order almost immediately after it was available, and this morning my order status says it is listed as 'On Backorder'.

When I called they had no explanation, and at one point made it sound like that the 'In Stock' status might have even been a mistake! I was given no estimate on delivery other than 'Sometime in August'

In my book this is a major screw up for them, and if I leave the item on backorder then they are sitting on my money for who knows how long...

Latest threads

Top Bottom