The kit in stock at B&H

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by smodak, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Sharp eyes!
    Are you going to order one?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. triples2008

triples2008 Guest

Thanks for the tip....

Well, I wonder why the kit costs a little more than seperatly?

However, as I have something going in next week and needed this, I took advantage of the stock and ordered- will be here on Fri I guess.

Cheers;

John

3. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    No, I am on a list (mpex). If B&H gets the body first then I will order that. I already own the 24-120VR

4. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    Glad that I could help. Please do post the experience and the pictures. Best of luck!

5. triples2008

triples2008 Guest

D3/d700

I did not think I would go for the D700 kit as I am not a fan of the 24-120 VR. I had one once and sold it-not a stellar performer on the APS cameras. But as I said above, I ordered it from B&H- I wonder how long they will stay in stock tonight??

However, I know that the D3/D700 with the FX sensor is 'kinder' to the lower quality lenses as the 24-120, so this might be a good thing as it would fit the needs of an everyday, walk-about lens. It will be interesting to see how it performs on the D700.

LOVE the D3- loved everything about it. But... the size and weight. When in public, you get a lot of stares carrying one of those- and it is heavy. I think the '700' will hit the sweet spot for Nikon. This is the camera I would have bought in the first place.

Merry-Go-Rounds. I am ready to get off the upgrade merry-go-round. It is WAY too expensive to stay on. Remember the computers in the 90's? Every year, something new, faster, better! Now, I have the same old PC, and it works just fine- not the latest, but gets the job done.

I view the 700 as my last stop for the time being. I have no lust what-so-ever for the 24mp Nikon coming- I had a FujiS5 for a while and the file sizes killed me!!- 12mp is plenty for me!

...but I got to admitt, this is all very exciting and a GREAT time to be in photography, even if it is just a 'hobby'.

Regards;

John

6. triples2008

triples2008 Guest

wow- still in stock!

I have to admitt- very surprised. I would have expected them to be gone in 15 min.

Well, best of luck to all who want to order.

John

7. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    i wish i had that type of money.

8. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Now showing August availability! Must be gone already.

9. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    I expected that to happen. In fact, I was surprised that it did not occur a lot sooner than it did. The price must have been out of reach for many photographers -- not to mention the Next Day Air shipping charge since they want the camera ASAP. :smile:

10. AdamJ

AdamJ

Jan 28, 2008
    Aurora, IL
    I placed an order almost immediately after it was available, and this morning my order status says it is listed as 'On Backorder'.

When I called they had no explanation, and at one point made it sound like that the 'In Stock' status might have even been a mistake! I was given no estimate on delivery other than 'Sometime in August'

In my book this is a major screw up for them, and if I leave the item on backorder then they are sitting on my money for who knows how long...