The Lake is up and the Greenies are Out...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Unfortunately I was shooting entirely in ISO 800 (forgot to change it back) and thus had to remove some noise from these...but got really close to one greenie in a tree.

First I caught them hanging out on some limbs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a couple of in flight shots...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I stumbled across one in a tree that let me get REALLY close to him. These are almost full frame at 200mm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking...maybe next time I'll remember to turn the ISO back down to 200...since it was nice and bright out.

2. I do it all the time, Dave. Hate it when that happens! :frown: You recovered well, very nice series.

3. LOL, we're all guilty of that at one time or another! WE get excited about something fun to shoot and then before we realize it, we've forgotten about our settings! Nice job on that cute greenie! Keep em comin!

4. Great Series Dave

There seems to be a lot of them this year.

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Thomas and Dianne...yeah I made the same mistake with ISO 800 at an air show once too...had plenty of light so there was no need for the higher ISO.

Thanks Gary...yeah there does seem to be a lot of them out this year thus far. I had never seen a green heron until I stumbled across these fellas at this lake. I do think that there are 2 of them that nest on this lake and that a couple of these are the juvvie kids...

6. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    Very nice shots. Details are still good even after noise reduction. Changing ISO is not a big mistake, I always forget changing EV back. That's really bad even I alway shoot with Raw.