The LAST Sunrise

For a week anyway according to the weatherman. We've got rain and showers forecast right into the memorial day weekend....

From this morning in sequence....unfortunately, the sun went behind the clouds immediately after the last shot.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9160

View attachment 9161

View attachment 9162

Gale

It's interesting to watch the sunrise unfold....it always baffles me that it way brighter and more coloreful BEFORE the sun actually comes up :)

Phranc

In order to capture those intense colors I:

A) Mounted the camera on the tripod.

B) Took the lens cover off of the 50mm AIS

C) Turned the camera ON.

D) adjusted the ISO to 125...set the K to 6300 and the fstop to 11

E) set the camera to self timer with ..4 second delay after mirror flip up

F) Pushed the shutter release button.

G) Somewhere in the previously mentioned 20 seconds I focused as well (AIS lenses are manual focus)

Homestly...those colors aren't touched as that's truly what the colors were as I was staring at this sunrise this morning.

Thanks for the step by step. :lol: Did you meter somewhere on the sky or did you know what shutter speed to use from experience? I have seen sunsets like that but have not gotten them to turn out like I see. Thanks for your patience. phranc

Phranc

Good old matrix metering with a -.3 EV applied to help hold the red channel.

I used a low ISO to help keep the noise down and didn't really care much what the shutter speed was as this was on a tripod and vibration wasn't a problem.

Had their been waves breaking, I would have upped the ISO and shutter speed to stop the wave motion.

Latest threads

Top Bottom