The lens NOBody Lusts For!

B

bfjr

the lowly 28-105/semi macro of course :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm coming around to thinking there are no bad Nikon Lenses :cool:

G

Gr8Tr1x

When I first bought my N50....way back in 1997, I lusted for the 28-105mm, which came out a year later I think. I finally got one and I loved it. I sold it and my N80 (the N50 went some time ebfore it) when I got into digicams. I wish I hadn't sold it, because it was a fine lens.

> I'm coming around to thinking there are no bad Nikon Lenses

Try one of the 1970-vintage 43-86's and you might change your mind :)

But seriously, you're right - even the Nikon lemons (35-80/f3.5-4.5?) are pretty decent in the optical category. And actually, there aren't many independent lenses any more that fail to meet some reasonable minimums. (Independent in this case means Sigma/Tamron/Tokina/Zeiss.)

The 28-105 is my baby and I'll never sell it. It was my first real lens purchase, and it gives me great results on my D50. Now if they'd make a 28-105 f/2.8...

B

bfjr

one more from this little lens.

Another sleeper lens is the 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 AFD-push-pull. I use it at the beach all of the time and I also carry the 180mm F2.8AFD for a great outdoor combination.

I just picked up this lens last month from a cafe member here and I love it. So versatile. Great 'vacation' lens when you want to keep things lightweight.

The 28-105 was my second lens purchase for my D50 (the first was the ever popular 50 1.8). It stays on the camera probably 90% of the time. Perfect size and weight. For a wannabe amateur photographer like myself, its a great lens.

Sleeper

This lens works great on the beach. It is a sleeper.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom