The Library at Celsus - Ephesus, Turkey

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
This is the Library at Celsus, built around 110AD and located in Ephesus, Turkey. It's one of my favorite photos that I took when I visited Turkey in 2012. My trip was amazing and I vowed one day to return. Well, in April of 2020, I was scheduled for a revisit, but two days before I left, my flight was cancelled due to the pandemic. Since then I've been waiting for restrictions to ease up so that I can rebook my flight. In the meantime, I have this to look back on...

The Library at Celsus
The Library at Celcius.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You had me with the word "Library"..... :) Fascinating photo, so much to look at here! I can understand why you want to return to Turkey!
Connie - you have no idea how much I want to return there. This time I'll be staying longer than a week, as there is sooo much to do in that country. I'm going to start (again) in Istanbul, then travel down to their 'Turkish Riviera'. On the way back, I'm planning to return to Ephesus; honestly, it was an explorer's paradise.

Thank you!

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I keep coming back to this. The light, the clarity of the air, the clouds, and the photographer who framed the scene and captured it at just the right moment make this an extraordinary image.

I thought I would post a link to the Wikipedia article on this interesting structure, dating from Roman Era in the 2d century CE. Apparently it was reconstructed from ruins in the 1970s.

Library of Celsus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom