The Library at Celsus - Ephesus, Turkey

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I keep coming back to this. The light, the clarity of the air, the clouds, and the photographer who framed the scene and captured it at just the right moment make this an extraordinary image.

I thought I would post a link to the Wikipedia article on this interesting structure, dating from Roman Era in the 2d century CE. Apparently it was reconstructed from ruins in the 1970s.

Library of Celsus
Thank you for the link, Bill - I appreciate it!

Great shot Lyndee Loo. Not only do the clouds add atmosphere, the people add scale.

I like how you have taken the photo from an elevated position so we can look straight into the building.

Well done!

Sometimes people in the foreground can be distracting, but in this case, they add perspective and give it life. Nicely captured.

Excellent photo, Lyndee. You definitely found a better perspective for this shot than I did, and you had a much more interesting sky.

You shot at 18mm on a crop-sensor camera, I used 32mm on a full-frame D600, so the angle of view was similar. But you were farther back and higher up, so you got more of the scene. Well done!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Excellent photo, Lyndee. You definitely found a better perspective for this shot than I did, and you had a much more interesting sky.

You shot at 18mm on a crop-sensor camera, I used 32mm on a full-frame D600, so the angle of view was similar. But you were farther back and higher up, so you got more of the scene. Well done!
Thanks, Jim!

I remember your trip to Ephesus and you took some wonderful photos. I was further back because I wanted to capture as much scenery as I could. I am counting down the days until I can return for another visit, however, I will be visiting other parts of Turkey, as well...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
This makes me think a trip to Turkey should be in my future.

Glenn
Glenn, I am here to tell you it would be a trip of a lifetime for you. Unlimited photo ops, friendly people, wonderful food, excellent transportation system...I loved visiting that place and there’s just so much to see. A trip there should definitely be in your future!

The pandemic has bolluxed up so many of our plans (I think we counted 5 cancelled trips last year including Iceland which is back on the schedule!) but I hope your return goes smoothly and you bring back more wonderful images to share.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The pandemic has bolluxed up so many of our plans (I think we counted 5 cancelled trips last year including Iceland which is back on the schedule!) but I hope your return goes smoothly and you bring back more wonderful images to share.
Thanks so much! I've been keeping an eye on things over there and as soon as I can, I'll be returning, so stay tuned! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom