the Lily - Arum [4] 50mm f/1.8

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin_d50, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hi all
    Shot these this evening with the D50, 50mm f/1.8, a kenko extension tube, and SB-600 flash on camera (diffused with the onboard wide angle diffuser)
    Monopod was used for stability. (Even though the lack of apparent focus may question it's use) :)

DSC_4397.jpg

DSC_4403.jpg

DSC_4406.jpg

DSC_4401.jpg

Rgds

2. Beautifully done! There is just a wee bit of red coming through on a couple of them.

3. very nice series
    i like the first and last ones the most

4. I do believe the last image is my favorite. Nice work.

5. Thank you Mike. PP mistake no doubt :(

6. Hiya Rich, and thanks :)

7. Thanks there Steven :)

8. Nice shots Kevin as always. I regularly follow all your macro posts.

I have a few questions for you.

With extention tubes, do you use AF? I have only MF tubes. Is it easy to focus with AF? What diffuser you use with flash?

9. Thanks CC Roy :)
    When using only 1 tube, I A/F about 95% of my shots. The odd one and there stumps the A/F then I switch to M/F.
    Depending on your lens' own focus speed/accuracy (the 50mm f/1.8 is quite quick and accurate) I use it a lot.
    I normally pop out the wide angle built in diffuser on the SB-600 (which restricts the zoom head to 14mm) but that doesn't affect much this close.
    Hope that could help.
    Rgds

10. Nice series as always Kevin. For me it is #3...

11. Thanks Rich! hope the selection was varied enough to hold interest for a wee while :)