the Lily - Arum [4] 50mm f/1.8

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin_d50, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hi all
    Shot these this evening with the D50, 50mm f/1.8, a kenko extension tube, and SB-600 flash on camera (diffused with the onboard wide angle diffuser)
    Monopod was used for stability. (Even though the lack of apparent focus may question it's use) :) 

DSC_4397.

DSC_4403.

DSC_4406.

DSC_4401.

Rgds

2. Beautifully done! There is just a wee bit of red coming through on a couple of them.

3. very nice series
    i like the first and last ones the most

4. I do believe the last image is my favorite. Nice work.

5. Thank you Mike. PP mistake no doubt :( 

6. Hiya Rich, and thanks :) 

7. Thanks there Steven :) 

8. Nice shots Kevin as always. I regularly follow all your macro posts.

I have a few questions for you.

With extention tubes, do you use AF? I have only MF tubes. Is it easy to focus with AF? What diffuser you use with flash?

9. Thanks CC Roy :) 
    When using only 1 tube, I A/F about 95% of my shots. The odd one and there stumps the A/F then I switch to M/F.
    Depending on your lens' own focus speed/accuracy (the 50mm f/1.8 is quite quick and accurate) I use it a lot.
    I normally pop out the wide angle built in diffuser on the SB-600 (which restricts the zoom head to 14mm) but that doesn't affect much this close.
    Hope that could help.
    Rgds

10. Nice series as always Kevin. For me it is #3...

11. Thanks Rich! hope the selection was varied enough to hold interest for a wee while :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.