The little fox

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Lou Buscher, May 31, 2007.

1. On a backcountry road I got lucky

518219016_c475be8f73_o.

2 O my what big teeth you have
    518219002_6dfa60c58a_o.

518218986_cf9aacf17a_o.

518218964_dc99ef9424_o.

5 This is one of my favorites and a beautiful print
    518218932_a1e56c738a_o.

Sad to say there were two young but I found out later a car killed one as it went into the road. Pretty unlucky as there is so little traffic on a road like this.

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    This i just too cute. Great shots especially the last one. I can't believe that you got close enough for these shots.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Darling pics
    What a cutie
    Sorry about the loss of the other one

4. tojor, thanks, not all that close as this old falleng down barn was their den and right next to the road. I had a 300 + a 1.4 on my camera and I would say I was about 90 feet away from this spot where it was. Heck I could have stayed in the wagon and been closer but I wanted a better BG and foreground.
    Lou

5. Thanks Gale and a cutie it sure is. I spoted the pair of them horseing around in the tall grass in front of the barn and just had to stop even though I was on my way to an eagle nest for a meet. I was back there just last week for a banding and I looke to see if any thing else was going on but I saw nothing but a barn in worse shape than it was a year ago.:biggrin:
    Lou

6. What a wonderful series, Lou. That last one is a winner!

7. Beautiful baby. Especially the last one!

8. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    Lovely looking little guy. I like the one he's yawning in!

9. Neat series, Lou.

10. Thanks Sandi I also really liked the last one and I printed it up right away and it is perfect. Like I was just there.
    Lou

11. Thanks Alexf for the look. I guess that last one is a favorite for several.
    Lou

12. Thanks Fremlin there was two of them but I stayed with this one as I liked all the rotten barn wood, and yes that is a cute look. I still wonder what it was growling at.
    Lou

13. Thanks Dave I would love to have found another den somewhere as they are so cute.
    Lou

14. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Lou you are on a roll this week first the fawn and now the foxes (is it Kits). Sorry to hear about the one being killed.

Some day I would love to hook up with you if you would take a newbie with you.

15. I agree, I like the last one best too. I love foxes, have never seen a young one like that. Thanks!

16. WOW, you just can't get much better than these! Absolutely precious and very beautiful. Sorry the other pup was hit! This little guy is just too cute!

17. Thanks Dianne, I went by that old barn just a few days ago but no luck. It is a really nice subject for wildlife.
    Lou

18. You did get lucky! And the sun came out!! The last one is a real beauty, Lou.

19. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Love the last one, great image.

20. AHhhh Dave you know it's all SKILL:840: I wish you could see the print of that last one. I damn near gave up going to an eagle nest that day just to hang out a little longer as I was sure the 2 wiuld be out and I was even going to give half of my Peanutbutter sandwich for bait.:biggrin:
    Thanks for the look
    Lou