The Little Green Heron - Many Faces #1

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jul 26, 2005.

1. One of the unexpected pleasures that I have found in photographing animals and birds are the varied behaviors that I see. Every day is different, different reactions, although there are certainly similarities. And then, as all good Humans do, we ascribe our own emotions and views on what the subject is doing. So, here are a few of my buddy, the Little Green Heron of Juanita Bay.

"Gee, I just DON'T understnad you guys, with them long Black Thingies stuck on your faces. Weird Beaks if you ask me...."
    DSC2334.sized.

This next picture was the second in a sequence as the bird climbed from the lower to the upper branch. It was quite a long reach, you can see the whole thing if you go to the 07/21.2005 gallery.

"I'm OK, got it under control....."
    DSC2352.sized.

Prairie-Doggin Heron, office gossip..

"She went WHERE with a WHAT?? Has she No Shame?"
    DSC2451.sized.

A Big Birdie Salute to All...

"Pffffft :!: :!: "
    DSC2454.sized.

Not quite as spectacular as the shot from Harris, but I'll take what I can get :lol: :lol:

Add more captions, please, these probably suck rocks :oops: ... the captions I mean.....

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Hey, Paul, you are up late aren't you? Oh, wait, "you are up early aren't you????", I'M up late!

Yeah, I like that lens as well, I think I'll keep it for a while.

Sandi commented on "Birdy Salute" the other day, I think THIS one really does say it all. I'm just glad it wasn't like that one Harris posted the other day........

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bill,

Uh, I hate to tell you, but that last one isn't a face. :roll: :lol:

Excellent series. :wink:

5. How 'bout for the last one "Do these feathers make my a$$ look wide?"

Great shots!

6. Good series and great ending Bill.

7. Love this series..... birds can be so comical without even trying. Can't tell you how many shots I've got of 'birders salutes' LOL

8. Are you absolutely sure about that Frank? Those sure look like wings...oh, wait, yeah, the FEET, that's the giveaway isn't it? They are BACWARDS :lol: :lol: :lol: Silly me, maybe I should change the title....

I'd call you a Smart-You-Know, but then we'd be in one of those Pot-and-Kettle things :wink:

Thanks, Frank, it really is fun trying to figure out what the heck they are thinking, if anything at all.....

9. OK, I'll open myself up for it...

Kevin, that works ONLY if it is a Female Bird. (I think I'll go hide in the closet now)....

Thanks, Kevin, I often find these much more interesting than the "posing" shots myself.

10. Thanks, Gordon. And "great ending" somehow just seemed fitting....

11. Thanks, Sandi. I owe you for the "Salute", I had never heard that before, but it does seem fitting doesn't it?

I think the "comical" really comes from our projecting "humanness" on the birds and animals. Then again, maybe they do this to see what kind of reaction they get from us. You don't think this Heron is reading this thread, do you :?: :?: :?: And just ROFLHAO at us :?: :?: :wink:

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;