the longer I have this photo in my gallery, the more I like it

I call this image "Chop Sticks". I shot it in 2006, but it stays at the top of my stream shots, and the qualities it possesses for some reason just hit me just right. It's pretty obvious, the 2 logs make this shot. Well, it is to me anyway...

Well, there are several subleties to me (right word?) that help this photo. The hole in the tree tops that lets the sun beam in. The large rocks, the meandering stream, varied vegitation. I just think your eyes can wonder around it a while without getting bored.

What's your take?

137531228-L-9.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

T

Trailfinder

WoW - I really like that photograph - I enjoy backpacking, and that scene look an awful lot like some of the areas I have been lucky enough to visit....

Beautifully done....

Brad G...
OKC/OKLA

Thanks Brad and Dave! I know I got just as close to the water as I could, without getting wet, but sometimes, getting wet is important too! Tri-pods do dry out after all. :)

Glad you guys liked.

J

JMartin

I like this image very much as well!

It's odd, I have looked back at it about 5 times and each time I have found a different item that leads my eye thru the photo. Each time a different way as well.

Nice job!

love waterfalls and this is lovely, meanders and draws the eye...love the greens as well.....

kris

Thank you all much! Sharon, Joe, Kris, and Mike!

Doug
smokymountainsgallery.com

R

Removed User 2

It's good but the left 1/3 of the frame is too dark and takes the attention away. Also, the plants on the right are a bit distracting and the White Balance is a bit off.

Play with the WB and lighten the left portion and post it so we can compare!

Doug,

It looks perfect to me. Draws your eyes to the light by having the very dark portion. Makes you look into the image, not just look at it. You have a real winner there!

I agree that the composition leads to exploration with the eyes. The fact that parts of the pic are dark are what makes it so interesting. If everything was well lit it would look kind of dull IMHO.

Nice place and nice photograph. As a biologist I like it even more - too few places nowadays where the waters can run wild and dead trees are not removed.

Cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom