The Longest Day

Whew...
I got up this morning to sunrise in Shanghai, around 6:00 AM. Spent the morning doing some sight-seeing
and then off to catch a 4:00 PM flight.
Saw the sun set somewhere over north China / Korea. Saw the sun rise again somewhere over Alaska / North Canada.
Saw the sun set again... same day... in Chicago.
Got home around 10:30 PM St. Louis time (11:30 AM next day Shangai time).
Sitting here at the computer 1:45 AM sorting photos... exhausted but wide awake after being up a good 30+ hours.

Not sure when I'll be back on a proper schedule but it was one heck of a trip!

Don

Don...

Last time I did that... Took me a week to get back on my feet, and it cured me for good from Airline food... Can't stand it!

BTW... can't wait to see some of your pictures from that trip :smile:

Airline food... well the stuff United gave us was tolerable, probably because it was prepared in Shanghai.
The most impressive flight was from HK to Shanghai on DragonAir. On a two hour flight they served us a fantastic
meal with wine (refils included) and a tub of Haagen-Daz ice cream. We're lucky to get a Coke and some peanuts in the US.

Still up at 2:30 AM :smile:

Don

J

jaymc

On New Years Eve 1987, I caught a flight from Bahrain at 12:15am ... flew from there to Athens, Greece then to Rota, Spain then to Philadephia, Pennsylvania and finally to Los Angeles, California. After getting picked up at the airport, I was able to celebrate the New Year with friends at home - all in 35 hours!

Don

Welcome back. Isn't airline food a misnomer? Typical Air Canada flight- "Sir, would you like dinner?" What are my choices? "Yes or no"...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom