The Loyal Royal

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dkapp, Apr 13, 2005.

1. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I'm not sure where this post should go, so I'll just put it here...where I normally post my shots from the city.

This is a display in the window of the San Francisco Chronicle.

I was pretty happy with the way this shot came out. It's pretty close to what I had pictured in my head. I just wish I hadn't cut off the last date. The camera has an LCD, you'd figure I'd use it.

[​IMG]

All comments suggestions welcome.

Dave

2. Dave:

Great shot. Brings back memories of late nights in college.

Gil

3. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    Thanks for your comments Gil.

The last date being cut off is bothering me, so I'm going to head back for a re-shoot.

BTW...you know your dating yourself with your response :D

Dave

4. Herb Caen was my favorite writer at the Chronicle and I read him for years when I lived in the Bay Area. Now thanks to you I get to see the typwriter that he used all that time. Thanks Dave.

5. Typing over 14 million words is a pretty loyal machine in my book. Good shot!! :) :) :) :)

6. Dating myself? I can do better then that. Take a look at what I use to use, and it was not even electric.

I once showed this to my children and they could not believe what we had to go through: No white out, carbon paper for copies. Ahhh, the good old days. But, it still works. (actually better then I do.) :lol:

Gil

7. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Ah, the memories. I don't even remember how many speeches and research papers I typed on an Underwood manual before I finally got an electric. That old Underwood drove me nuts because unless I really pulled back on the hit, every period and comma put a small hole in the paper. Considering how much I still love writing, this is a major hit with me.

Wonderful shot, Dave!! Thanks for sharing it.

8. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

Here's another one from the flea market this weekend. It was taken with my Nikon F3 & Kodak T-MAX 100. They are low res scans from the lab, so hopefully quality will increase when I get my scanner.

[​IMG]

Dave

9. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Quite nice.