1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Lunatic Fringe

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Ann_JS, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    Midnight: 5° F (Wind Chill Effect: -10°F) and with treacherous sheets of black ice covering everything.

But the clouds had cleared so I was outside and shooting at intervals between some scurrying back indoors for hot Espresso and to get some feeling back into my frozen fingers.

Semi-eclipsed:
    104_AJS_3197-semi-eclipse.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Full Eclipse:
    104_AJS_3223-Eclipse.jpg

Both hand-held with the 300mm PF because the conditions were far too dangerous to be messing around with a tripod!
    I could use the TC 2.0 for the earlier ones but the full eclipse was very dim so I had to abandon the TC and shoot with very high 18,000 ISO for those ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tinstafl

Tinstafl

Aug 6, 2008
    Virginia
    Cold and cloudy here. Nice captures

3. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    Thank you both!

Here is just one more in which the moon is about 80% obscured and which I shot between shooting the other two photographs.

You can definitely see the face of the traditional "Man in the Moon" in this one!

104_AJS_3208-Lunar-Eclipse_late-stage.jpg

(click to view at full size)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.