The Macro Club

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Cool shots Mike--and thanks for the complement above! I simply love Damsel & Dragonflies, particularly the former. Trying to capture a shot of them mating, in heart-shape, is always a serious challenge--one I hope to master someday. jt
It's geret to be lucky Mr. Mooney and I was! Right place at the right time. Pure luck.;)
Mike

Excellent shot Jt.
Thanks for sharing your shots.
And thank you, Mr Mobi for your support--I'm glad you like the picture of the Dragonfly. Here is another, but of a Damsel this time--no crop--shows that larger apertures, even @ 1:1 Macro, can work--IMO:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
A quick grab shot with the Super Sig 150mm old model! This is Riann my greandsun's friend. Not a true macro but it does show off the quality of the lens.

View attachment 40319Riann-D500-Sig-150-f1.8-Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
It sure does Mike--only someone in Riann's age-range could possibly withstand the sharpness of a lens like this--but even Riann is showing a little wrinkling under his eyes--LOL. You are too much Mike!!! Good looking kid and %100 Irish blood from what I can see Mike. :) jt

Another great shot! JT.
Mr Mobi--thank you, always, for your generous support. 1 w an old, manual focus Vivitar Macro.jt

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Last edited:
I posted this picture on the NC several years ago but will resurrect it for this thread. I like it because of the back lighting. It was shot with my Nikkor 105mm f2./8 micro.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
I posted this picture on the NC several years ago but will resurrect it for this thread. I like it because of the back lighting. It was shot with my Nikkor 105mm f2./8 micro.

View attachment 1369875
Vey Nice shot Gordon. This reminds me of a shot I got back in '09. While this one isn't a macro your shot reminded me of it. I hope that people don't complain about me posting it here but here we go!:muted:
Regards.
Mike
t up 1 yellow / flower For Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

Vey Nice shot Gordon. This reminds me of a shot I got back in '09. While this one isn't a macro your shot reminded me of it. I hope that people don't complain about me posting it here but here we go!:muted:
Regards.
Mike
View attachment 1370660t up 1 yellow / flower For Web by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
A beautiful trio of zippadeedooda yellow and red--Wow!!! Cool shot Mike indeed! jt

Hey there Gordon--welcome! That shot is splendidly processed--& packs a wallop! It is not, however, a "backlit" shot--it is actually frontlit. jt
Thanks for your comments; however, it is a back lit shot. I thought the flower was pretty and picked it to bring inside. I set up the shot by using a black board as a backing for the shot. The sun streaming through the window just over the top of the board lit up the back of the flower as well as my face. I am sure some sunlight bounced back into the flower. This was definitely a back lit shot, absolutely no question about it.

Zeiss 100mm f/2

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom