The Macro Club

Here are 4 Front-lit Florals:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sam--these are very nice, particularly the 1st and 3rd shot. That 2nd one, IMHO, might be better with a little less light, whereby the delicate indentations of the forward flower would be more showy. Of course, I'm currently @ a public library and their monitors are surely not calibrated. jt
Thank you for the comment Moony16. I will check the file again and see what I can do with it.

Thank you for the comment Moony16. I will check the file again and see what I can do with it.
My experience is, once highlights are "blown" (overexposed) there is no getting them back. Flowers & light colors (particularly white) are highly reflective of light. When shooting a white floral subject, like you have here, I like manual mode, but you can also "spot meter" on the flower itself--this insures preserving the delicate details of such a beautiful subject. Also, (you can't get back blown details, but can always add light to retrieve details from shadows) I like shooting with minus 1/3rd compensation unless, of course, I'm in manual mode. Best jt

VPT

$20 Konica 40mm f/1.8 pancake mounted directly to Nikon D300. It works like a macro lens.

Real Name
Tim
Dusting off what passes for macro skills for me, and rejoining participation....a rose, a lilly, and nose... :D All with the D850, Nikkor 105 2.8....only the nose is handheld, the other two are on a tripod with a macro focusing slider and a Neewer light ring....

850_1565 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

850_1559 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

850_1570 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

Real Name
Tim
Rose for the wife?
Those were actually from her Valentine's bouquet that I had delivered on Friday - she's out of town on a work trip for Valentines....so since I get really bored when she's not around, I broke out the light ring, the focus slider, and decided to see what macros look like with the D850.... :D I'm hella rusty tho....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom