The Macro Club

This is a bit different but I find panoramas helpful with macros. They can be more useful than stacks.
This rusty bucket has 31 images and about 4.5" D O F. I used a 60 MM. I am trying reshoot this, but y'all know how picky the light can be when you want a redo

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D810, 200 macro f22

View attachment 1596505January Blooms - 2 by Ted, on Flickr
Nice capture and very nice flower Ted!
I recommend you to use f16 and f11 and f8 on your lense for best sharpness because of falling sharpness on your lense and most lenses on f22, the sharpest aperture for your lens is f5.6 and f8, because of specification of your lens you can use f8 and obtain sharpest images.

Dusting off what passes for macro skills for me, and rejoining participation....a rose, a lilly, and nose... :D All with the D850, Nikkor 105 2.8....only the nose is handheld, the other two are on a tripod with a macro focusing slider and a Neewer light ring....

View attachment 1596502850_1565 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

View attachment 1596503850_1559 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr

View attachment 1596504850_1570 by Tim Robinson, on Flickr
Beautiful pics--great light on the rose! jt

Not exactly macro but here is a closeup, a 16 image pano, better than stacking to me. Great DOF.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice capture and very nice flower Ted!
I recommend you to use f16 and f11 and f8 on your lense for best sharpness because of falling sharpness on your lense and most lenses on f22, the sharpest aperture for your lens is f5.6 and f8, because of specification of your lens you can use f8 and obtain sharpest images.
I shot this flower at apertures from f 5.6 to f 32. f22 provided the best combination of sharpness and DOF. Focus stacking would not have worked in the windy environment I encountered and I find the results can look artificial.

I shot this flower at apertures from f 5.6 to f 32. f22 provided the best combination of sharpness and DOF. Focus stacking would not have worked in the windy environment I encountered and I find the results can look artificial.
Ted---I clicked on the link, but it takes me to a lot of pictures--not sure which "flower" you are referring to in your discussion--can you post the 1 shot for us? jt

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom