The magic of light ..... and subject placement

Hello,
The following 2 photographs were taken within 4 minutes from one another.

This first image was shot with the subject in an area where the overcast sky was brightly reflected in the water.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then the subject moved a few metres under the cover on a fallen tree and the deep green reflection of the folliage on the water. Time to change the camera orientation to vertical as well as agjust a few exposure settings ......

View attachment 399546

Hope some of you will find something interesting in either of these.
Thank you for looking.

Amazing! Made me realize I need to get out more.
Amazing! Made me realize I need to LEARN more.

I'm with them, I need to learn more and get out more.

Both shots are excellent but that second one is hands down my favorite of the two, the green refelection in the water really sets it off and the detail on his face and reflection in the water are superb, almost looks like a painting.

Both images are very good, I lean toward the second on as a favorite. Excellent work on both of these though, as usual.
Hi Louis,
Thank you so much.

Amazing! Made me realize I need to get out more.
Hello Diane and thank you.

I LOVE the way you composed the second one.
Hello Rich,
Always nice to work on composition even bending the rules on occasions can work.

Amazing! Made me realize I need to LEARN more.
Hello Bobby,
Learning every day too.

I'm with them, I need to learn more and get out more.

Both shots are excellent but that second one is hands down my favorite of the two, the green refelection in the water really sets it off and the detail on his face and reflection in the water are superb, almost looks like a painting.
Hello Jon,
Thank you. Glad you find them interesting. I just like photographs to look somewhat different: in both composition and style.

Amazing images!

What kind of ducks are these?
Thank you.
These are Juvenile Wood Ducks. They will be here until the pond freezes over and in a few weeks they will be full grown with all their colors showing.

Thought they looked like Wood Ducks, but without all the color it threw me off. I have never seen a juvenile Woody before.

No doubt about it Gilles a perfect example of what a little
light change can do.Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom