The many faces of Amanda today.

I recently purchased a 105 f2 DC and have not had much time to play with it. Today I got my daughter to stand still for a few seconds. This is the way it went. :lol:

"Dad, the wind keeps blowing my hair!"
29648976-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Daddy, your crazy!"
29648971-L.jpg

"Did you see that bird?"
29648972-L.jpg

"It went up there."
29648974-L.jpg

"Feel the bark on this tree."
29648970-L.jpg

Very nice. I especially like the first two; the different expressions make for an interesting series. And the technical quality of the images is good; I'm guessing you're going to like that lens.

Those images are precious, Charles. Your daughter is beautiful and cooperative, too! You had better forward those images to the Grandparents!!!

J

JCPhoto

I guess if I had to pick my favorites they would be the second and third ones. What sparkle in her eyes. The combination of the D2X and the 105 really makes for beautiful portraits. It also helps you have such an angel to use as a model. Your lucky, I can't get my daughter to pose anymore.

She is so adorable and a natural in front of the camera.. Watch out DAD...:>)))

Nice images...

thank you for sharing

Thanks for all of the nice replies. Sometimes I almost feel as if I am improving.

JCPhoto said:
I guess if I had to pick my favorites they would be the second and third ones. What sparkle in her eyes. The combination of the D2X and the 105 really makes for beautiful portraits. It also helps you have such an angel to use as a model. Your lucky, I can't get my daughter to pose anymore.

I got my daughter a cheap digital camera so she can play too. Cost me about $50 but she enjoys it and I think she is much more at ease in front of the camera now. While in the studio she brings a doll or toy and takes shots of it while I am changing setups.

Gale said:
She is so adorable and a natural in front of the camera.. Watch out DAD...:>)))

Don't scare me like that Gale! :shock:

Here is a grab shot from today with the 105/2. I think this lens has changed the way I shoot.

30352715-L.jpg

J

JCPhoto

The same thing happened to me when I got the 85 1.4. I was expensive for me but when I saw how good it was (bokeh and sharpness) I use it as my do all lens for everything. It is heavy but worth the extra work to lug it around on the D2h.

S

saturnine

Hi Charles!'

Those photos are wonderful. My favorite is the 4th one, and the one you just posted! You can tell that she's very happy :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom