The Matterhorn

Just returned from two weeks in Switzerland and Italy with the new misses on our honeymoon... Trip was AMAZING, we had the best time...

Anyway, just starting to pick out a few for post processing and thought i would post as i go.... I may have some better ones (alot to go through still), but this one caught my eye...

It was taken from the Riffelalp station on the Gornergrat, above Zermatt Switzerland.

Nikon D80
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8
77mm B+W Kaesemaan CP

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Suggest crops/comments welcomed. Thanks for looking!

The colors and clouds are awesome. The snow looks a little overexposed but it looks like a tough lighting situation. That sky is phenomenal. Any way to move the mountain out of the center of the frame? Would love to see more!

The colors and clouds are awesome. The snow looks a little overexposed but it looks like a tough lighting situation. That sky is phenomenal. Any way to move the mountain out of the center of the frame? Would love to see more!
Thanks! Actually, i have 30-40 off center ones i need to go through... nearly 2,000 pics in all from the trip ;)

That is a beautiful shot
The white does not go over 240 as far as PS goes. So not blown at all.
255 is blown.
I usually keep my whites about 238. So 240 is not big deal to me anyway. jmho

So that's what the Matterhorn looks like without clouds obscuring it.

Great shot! Great sky! Great color!

Beautiful image, Thanks for sharing. Hows it fell to be back in the heat and humidity of sunny So. Florida....:smile:
Actually, kinda surprised how cold it is here right now, we had the windows open last night and all day today, and its April!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom