The Metropolitan Methodist Church (Added Inside Shot)

This one was hidden in an obscure sort of place. They just walked off and left this one wide open with 2 pianos, hymnals, pews, Bibles....the works.

gary_ch-bw-r.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
A spire with no cross and just a bit of flair, great comp and wonderful sepia tones. Please add to book and tell me when available. Your recent body of work is both beautiful and powerful as a social commentary - keep it up! I think we could use a new WPA.

Alan, is it possible to shoot the inside or is it too dangerous? What a great place to restore & bring the Holy Spirit in to breath some Life back into this Rock of a Church! Another Excellent Image & Story Brotha!

Great story and image. It makes you wonder why this happened. Minister pass-on with no successor? Bankruptcy? Scandal in the Church?

A spire with no cross and just a bit of flair, great comp and wonderful sepia tones. Please add to book and tell me when available. Your recent body of work is both beautiful and powerful as a social commentary - keep it up! I think we could use a new WPA.

Thank you so much. You really encourage me.

Alan, is it possible to shoot the inside or is it too dangerous? What a great place to restore & bring the Holy Spirit in to breath some Life back into this Rock of a Church! Another Excellent Image & Story Brotha!
Thank you, Steve. I did indeed take a couple of shots inside. This church is at the end of a dead end road that I didn't even know existed. You are right about getting the Life back into this building. That would be great! Here's the inside shot:

gary_church-r.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The interior is lovely! Also, it looks to be in decent shape, and as Steve said, it's full of character. Surely it can't be the intent to just leave it with items that can be re-used. The pianos, songbooks, lighting, pews, lecturn...there's no organization to donate them to??? :confused:

Alan, as usual, these images display your immense talent. You've done an outstanding job with this as well as your other photos. It just saddens me to see this church is its current condition with equipment that's still viable.

Oh, btw, tell the lovely Mrs. Wilma to turn around and pose for the camera next time!! :tongue:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom