The Metropolitan Museum of Art - weekend visit

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by JerseyJay, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Few pictures taken at MMOA this weekend. Well spend time and great place to photograph.

I used D70 w/ rented 17-55 f/2.8. I really enjoyed that combo. Fast and sharp IMO.

mat1.

mat2.

mat3.

mat4.

mat5.

mat6.

mat7.

mat8.

mat9.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    WOW Jay, that's (arguably) the best museum in the world. Your first six photos are perfect. But that fourth one down, with the man on the bench - what a juxtaposition! I love it! You make a strong argument for the 17-55 as a museum lens. What ISO did you find you could get away with?

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Jay

Fantastic

The first is a wall hanger,and to speak with Chris that fourth one WOW

4. Very well done, guess the LLD has been set in motion for the 17-55 now.

5. Very nice series!! :) :) :)

6. I was really impressed with this lens. It is bulky but at the same time it balanced D70 well. I'm definitely considering this lens as my all-around lens.

800 ISO was used in couple darker spots but throughout the visit I used 320-500.

7. Thanks all for positive feedback !