The Mile High Bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Randy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. at Grandfather Mountain, NC

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  2. Cool shot, love the sky and all the interesting support cable lines. That sign is great too! 40 persons, they really got that weight measurement thing down to a science!

3. Scary!!! I am afraid of heights but I did manage to come to grips with walking on that bridge..... I flat-out refused to go climbing around on the adjacent rocks in order to see and capture better views!

4. Cool shot pal :smile:

I see you're liking this lens :wink:

5. thx Peter...it has it's moments.
    for me it needs an up close subject and symetry of the background and then there's nothing like it. I shot the sigma 10-20 on this trip also and the fisheye even blows it away for this stuff

6. thx Michael

7. even the ride up is scarry

8. i crossed once (not this trip) and never again.....just standing there freaks me out...
    those rocks are for nuts

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow don't know if I could walk it or not
    Nice shot

10. Very cool shot, Randy. That would be an interesting shot being on the bridge midway and looking down!!!

11. It's only an 80 foot drop though! Try the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado. The drop is nearly 1200 feet. I used to love taking visitors there when I lived in Colorado. Few could walk across.

Nice photo and cool spot. I'll have to have a look at that if I'm ever nearby.

12. That is a nice subject for the fish-eye view. From the sky, it looks like we didn't quite hit the same place, at the same time, like we have done several times before. However, I was there last saturday.

13. thx Gale....
    when the wind blows (always) it swings in the air.
    I stay on this side and take a long lens :smile:

14. thx Sandi
    now i just need someone to take my cam out there for that shot...i crossed it once but never again

15. thx Cliff

amazing...next time i will look for you
    we got the annual pass and went Mon & Tue and will go back often now
    The little zoo they have is also nice

16. thx
    yea they kinda cheated on the Mile High name

17. That is a great shot and I can't WAIT to go visit!!!! :smile: I'll be down at my parents in October and we're DEFINITELY going up there (they live in Fort Mill). Now.........to find a fisheye........... :tongue:

18. I live one town south of Fort Mill, in Rock Hill. I will be sure and have the newspaper announce your coming.

19. Their little habitat is nice. It is just too bad that they stopped breeding the bears. The cubs would always put on a show. Here is one of the bears, shot last saturday.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=117562

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017

20. thx Gretchen...
    I had to get on B&H's email notify list to get one