The misery starts tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Yep. The first day of summer grad school. I thought being a teacher meant summers were for relaxing and enjoying free time. Guess I was wrong.

One of the things that I'll miss the most is the freedom to spend countless hours here reading posts, and learning the craft. Hopefully, I'll be able to drop in from time to time to catch up on some real learnin' and share in some good fun with the you good folks.
  2. An investment for the future Mark.
    Best wishes for success in achieving your goals, go for it!
  3. Make sure you drop in and let us know how you are doing. Allison will finish her masters this December, but she just started her first graduate summer class. Cramming a semester of grad courses into a few weeks has to be tough!

Good luck!
  4. Mark... Have a great summer studying! :890: We'll still be here in September! :smile:
  5. As luck would have it, by boss called me in today to talk about me working on a MBA...something I wasn't planning on for a few years. So I may be right there with you, my friend.
  6. Thanks for the kind words, ya'll. I just survived Day 1. Fiscal Managment in Public Schools. Jeeeeeez! Some of this stuff is complicated. I hope I'm not in over my head.
  7. If you ever have to buy one of the textbooks for this class, you'd better know something about fiscal management.

$120 for a simple text. I've bought thicker books from John Grisham - and a helluva lot more interesting.
  8. I've always heard that if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  9. I think you're going to find Grad school much easier than undergraduate work where home work and out of the classroom assignments are concerned. The profs know the students have jobs and families.

If you're working on a Masters degree the thesis is time consuming, but a Masters equivalency does not require a thesis and still gets you the increase in pay. If you want to go on toward a Doctorate, write the thesis.

Also stick with teaching until you have tenure, if you quit, you can always return to teaching.

Been there, done that.
  10. Ciao Mark.. Sorry, probably I lost something... if you are going to teach photography in a summer course, I really envy you.... I hope to do it, sooner or later.. Being with other people and sharing with them my own experience and knowledge has always been one of my greatest dreams.

Best luck for your summer assignment!