The Missing Manual - book

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by JerseyJay, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    I believe that is the one!

I will be picking up my copy this evening after work. I love David Pogue... I bought his iPhone missing manual book and he is very entertaining.

2. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    That book will probably be good. I don't think they had the 'switching' books out when I bought mine.

Another version that you might consider is this one.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mac-OS-X-Leopard/David-Pogue/e/9780596529529

Probably either one will be fine. I did the same thing when I switched. I bought the book and read it before I bought my mac. It made my transition pretty easy. However, had I not bought the book, I would have been very confused.

3. Prior to buying my first iMac, I purchased the MISSING MANUAL: TIGER and it was very helpful. Now Leopard is the current OS so the title to look for is David Pogue's LEOPARD: THE MISSING MANUAL. Valuable resource! I'd spend my money on that one rather than the one about switching.....

4. Thanks All !

I purchased one below last night. I will respond in few days and let you know what I think. Thanks !

17602024.jpg

5. Yep, that's it! :smile: I remember when I bought my first Mac how useful the Tiger version was as a reference and resource, so when Leopard came out, I also bought this one. I don't often need to consult it, but it's good to have on hand, especially when first making the switch from Windows to the Mac.