1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Missing Manual - book

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by JerseyJay, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    I believe that is the one!

I will be picking up my copy this evening after work. I love David Pogue... I bought his iPhone missing manual book and he is very entertaining.

2. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    That book will probably be good. I don't think they had the 'switching' books out when I bought mine.

Another version that you might consider is this one.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mac-OS-X-Leopard/David-Pogue/e/9780596529529

Probably either one will be fine. I did the same thing when I switched. I bought the book and read it before I bought my mac. It made my transition pretty easy. However, had I not bought the book, I would have been very confused.

3. Prior to buying my first iMac, I purchased the MISSING MANUAL: TIGER and it was very helpful. Now Leopard is the current OS so the title to look for is David Pogue's LEOPARD: THE MISSING MANUAL. Valuable resource! I'd spend my money on that one rather than the one about switching.....

4. Thanks All !

I purchased one below last night. I will respond in few days and let you know what I think. Thanks !

5. Yep, that's it! :smile: I remember when I bought my first Mac how useful the Tiger version was as a reference and resource, so when Leopard came out, I also bought this one. I don't often need to consult it, but it's good to have on hand, especially when first making the switch from Windows to the Mac.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.