The Monarchs are here

I didn't think the Monarchs would be out so early, but there were plenty at the arboretum today. I'm still amazed they are already here -- we may be in for an early fall. I'll try to get out there again this week, but for now this is what I got. BTW, they seemed HUGE to me. There is no crop on this shot at all.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BTW, they seemed HUGE to me. There is no crop on this shot at all.
Kelly,

That is a beautiful shot! Crisp and vibrant, very nicely done. IMHO, (and after visiting the butterfly conservatory North of Niagra Falls a few years ago), the Monarch is about a medium size. Saw a few types at the conservatory that were the size of barn swallows. I'm hoping we get to see some here soon.

Kelly,

That is a beautiful shot! Crisp and vibrant, very nicely done. IMHO, (and after visiting the butterfly conservatory North of Niagra Falls a few years ago), the Monarch is about a medium size. Saw a few types at the conservatory that were the size of barn swallows. I'm hoping we get to see some here soon.
Thanks, Herschel. I'm still learning about the different butterflies and dragonflies, so I'll have to check out the various field guides on them. They're so beautiful -- I'll bet the trip to the conservatory was a lot of fun.

Kelly,
this picture is awesome! Nice tonality and a very smooth background.
Thank you -- I took about 20 shots. The wind was not cooperating and I felt lucky to get this one.

Fantatic shot Kelly, beautiful composition and clarity!
Thank you! :smile:

I love the light coming through the wings.

Paul
Thanks -- I like that too and hopefully we'll see some more butterflies on the forum with the light coming through the wings. Butterfly season is approaching. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom