1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Money Shot!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Harry Lavo, Jun 7, 2007.

1. I went out to shoot with a new Kenko 1.4x telextender for the 80-200 lens and to map out some shooting angles with this combination. I shot in JPEG this time, since I wasn't taking it too seriously. Wouldn't you believe thats when I got my first real money shot of the season.

[​IMG]

Thats the first baseman making the grab at the edge of the outfield. Here are a few others from the session. Quality is not teriffic -- I'm still having exposure problems with my D50 and having to do more PP than I want to be doing.

original.

original.
    NIKON D50    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/3200s   

And you won't see this one at too many ballparks --

[​IMG]

All were shot at 1/3200s, f/2.8, 280mm (using the Kenko 1.4x), AutoISO unknown (probably 300-400). As usual, I welcome comments and constructive criticism.

2. Harry, nice action shots, you had some great timing, and as you say, a "money shot". You also got some nice backgrounds (i.e. no cars, buildings, etc) which isn't easy to do.

I'll let others help on your exposure question....Life is good out there in the Happy Valley, eh?:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.