the need to shoot

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Randy, May 2, 2007.

1. a walk around the yard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice shots, what lens did you use? the 4th one is really neat.

3. I understand the "pain" . . . .your "bee" was at 1/640. . . I'll tell you one thing. . . .my keeper rate in macro is about 1 in 10. :)
    Nice shots.

4. thx

sigma 150 2.8 macro

5. stop down to f9 even if u have to go to iso 640

both bee shots were way to slow....i wasn't concentrating

6. appreciate the advise. . . f9 it is.

7. when i got the sigma 150 i almost returned it thinking it was defective because of so many oof shots then someone told me what happens to dof at 15"

8. Exactly. . . there is one plus to Macro over BIF. . . . much, much less processing necessary and/or the ability to do any period.

9. reggieanne

reggieanne

Feb 17, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    i've always been amazed with greenery pictures. i love these :) i may not be able to give u an expert comment since i'm still a newbie, but heck i'd still say these are really great pictures!

10. thx