1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

the need to shoot

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Randy, May 2, 2007.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    a walk around the yard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice shots, what lens did you use? the 4th one is really neat.

3. I understand the "pain" . . . .your "bee" was at 1/640. . . I'll tell you one thing. . . .my keeper rate in macro is about 1 in 10. :) 
    Nice shots.

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx

sigma 150 2.8 macro

5. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006

stop down to f9 even if u have to go to iso 640

both bee shots were way to slow....i wasn't concentrating

6. appreciate the advise. . . f9 it is.

7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    when i got the sigma 150 i almost returned it thinking it was defective because of so many oof shots then someone told me what happens to dof at 15"

8. Exactly. . . there is one plus to Macro over BIF. . . . much, much less processing necessary and/or the ability to do any period.

9. reggieanne

reggieanne

Feb 17, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    i've always been amazed with greenery pictures. i love these :)  i may not be able to give u an expert comment since i'm still a newbie, but heck i'd still say these are really great pictures!

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.